Live webinar: Wednesday, 19 September, 1.00 – 2.00pm
With an impulsive market, value investors have a consistent opportunity to outperform. However, such success requires the ability to identify superior businesses, and the ability to estimate a rational intrinsic value for their shares. Hear tips and learn skills necessary for success in value investing, as Finsia brings you a 60-minute masterclass from Roger Montgomery SF Fin, one of Australia’s most highly regarded exponents of value investing.
During the webinar, Roger Montgomery will explain why beating the market is not difficult if you approach it as if you are buying a business rather than betting ‘up’ or ‘down’, as well as steps to follow to outperfrom the market.
Secure your place today!
Architect of modern finance theory and Nobel laureate, Professor Robert C. Merton, presented at an exclusive event for the Australian Superannuation industry in Sydney on 23 August 2012.
Get your copy of the video recording to hear Professor Merton examine trends in financial innovation and engineering for retirement funding and discuss the design criteria for the next generation solution to one of the developed world’s biggest financial challenges.
A mid-year market update from Macquarie Debt Markets and the Australian Securitisation Forum (ASF)
From the convenience of your desk, get up to date with the latest structured credit market information from industry experts.
Get insights from:
- ASF CEO, Chris Dalton, on his arrival back from the European Securitisation Forum on what is happening in the American and European markets, and what impacts are expected for Australia.
- Macquarie Group’s Head of Debt Markets Research, Stephen Maher, on in-depth views of pricing, issuance and performance of the RMBS, ABS and CMBS markets in Australia; what the trends are; and the outlook for securitisation in the next 12-18 months.
Additionally, you will get an industry update on the regulatory environment in Australia and what’s next for the local securitisation market.
Over 60-minutes, learn how to implement ESG policies seamlessly into investment protocols and how to meet ESG requirements when investing.
Find out how you can seamlessly implement ESG without impacting negatively on investment returns and gain insights into how you can adjust investment policies to meet global ESG policies.
Hear directly from the experts who developed Finsia’s recently released ESG guidelines for superannuation professionals:
- Simon Romijn SF Fin, Managing Director, Transcap Investments Ltd (Chair)
- Dr Richard Fuller F Fin, Senior Responsible Investment Specialist, Mercer
- Duncan Paterson F Fin, Chief Executive Officer, CAER - Corporate Analysis. Enhanced Responsibility
What's in store for covered bonds?
What does the issuance of the first covered bond in Australia mean for the market? Will this new tool effectively meet funding challenges and lower banks’ costs of funding, or will the opportunity cost and credit risk be deemed too high?
Hear and learn from industry experts as they explore covered bonds as an option for both top-tier and regional Australian Deposit-Taking Institutions (ADIs) in the local market.
- Andrew Murray F Fin, Director, Curve Securities
- Karolina Popic, Partner, Allen & Overy
- Jennifer Wu, VP and Senior Credit Officer, Moody’s Investor Services
Learn how to:
- Structure, select and issue covered bonds that attract capital and investment from investors
- Capitalise on the growth in the covered bonds market and the growing demand for fixed interest products
- Realise high yielding investment returns from covered bonds
- Build investor confidence and minimise market and counterparty risk
Do you know which clients are willing to pay more for advice?
Hear from Australia’s first recipient of a doctorate in Behavioural Finance, Malcolm Johnson, as he shares his valuable insights into how you can increase the value of your existing client base through segmentation strategies. Malcolm will also discuss the findings from a recent study of financial planning clients and the implications and opportunities of segmentation.
Why you should attend:
- Learn how to identify clients who acknowledge that they need to make changes in their life
- Understand the different aspirations which drive men and women
- Gain insight into the major factors people see contributing to their aspirations for a better life
- Analyse the progress your clients feel they are making
- Identify specific activities that will require ongoing strategy and product advice
About the speaker:
Malcolm Johnson received the first Australian doctorate in Behavioural Finance, he works in the advice space, and contributes to knowledge initiatives as an Adjunct Assoc Professor in Financial Planning at Griffith University.
A guide to reporting & accounting for carbon markets
Are you prepared for the implementation of the Australian Carbon Pricing Initiative on 1 July?
From the convenience of your desk, this webinar will connect you with two industry experts, Matt Honey and Mat Nelson from Ernst & Young, who prepared the guide on “Reporting & Accounting Requirements for Carbon Markets” released by the Carbon Markets Institute (CMI).
In 60 minutes, you will get up to speed on the impacts that carbon pricing mechanisms will have on all financial areas including cash flow, risk management, accounting, reporting, process and regulatory requirements.
This in turn will help you to effectively manage the new financial and reporting requirements by developing adequate capabilities and internal controls.
Practical case studies and strategies
Learn practical risk management strategies from the convenience of your desk. This interactive 60-minute webinar will give you the freedom to participate in this informative session without having to leave the office. Hear renowned risk experts discuss their thoughts on the risk management challenges and opportunities in 2012 and beyond. You will be shown real case studies and gain practical tips and strategies to effectively mitigate risk.
Why you should participate:
- Learn strategies to effectively manage risk and improve risk management.
- Successfully define risk appetite and integrate this into your organisation’s strategy and culture.
- Learn how to strike a balance between risk, return and growth.
- Understand the demands and compliance requirements of regulators, investors and customers.
Keynote speakers include:
- Peter Deans, Chief Risk Officer, Bank of Queensland (formerly Director of Alma Grove Consulting)
- Bruce Auty, Founder & Principal, The Risk Board, Former Chief Risk Officer, Bank of Queensland
- Fiona McNabb, Deputy Trustee Director, VIC Super & Lecturer, Monash University