From practitioner to professional
As a structured, peer reviewed credential that builds on what professionals already do in the workplace, the FSP transforms talented practitioners into credentialed professionals.
The FSP gives professionals a competitive edge, clearly signaling their increased value to clients and employers by:
- Demonstrating high standards of professional behaviour, skills and technical knowledge
- Critically reflecting on their own practice to become better professionals
- Learning from industry experts who provide guidance throughout the credentialing process
- Staying at the forefront of industry trends and knowledge through ongoing professional development.
“Right length, right detail and achievable because it is what we do”
To apply for the FSP candidates need:
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in financial services
- Including a minimum three years working with a portfolio of clients in a specific field - Private Banking or Business Banking.
- A degree or 10 years’ work experience overall
- Finsia membership.
Applying for the FSP
Candidates can apply for the FSP either as an employer-sponsored or self-sponsored candidate. Employer-sponsored candidates are selected by their employers. Self-sponsored candidates should contact Finsia for more information.
Support for candidates
Once enrolled FSP candidates:
- Are matched with supervisors who are experienced industry practitioners selected and trained by Finsia, and independent of the candidates
- Have access to a dedicated FSP portal to record evidence reports, receive feedback and verification, self-assess technical knowledge and manage progress
- Have access to Finsia provided training and support.
FSP candidates must be members of Finsia or become members at the point of enrolment.
FSP enrolment fee (12 months)
Finsia membership fee* (12 months)
Total fee including GST
*Applicable to non-Finsia members only. Membership fee is pro-rata depending on date of enrolment. Click here for more information
For any further information or to apply contact the FSP team.
T > 1300 346 742
E > firstname.lastname@example.org