Get the skills needed to tackle the growing threat of cyber crime with an understanding of the frameworks needed to prevent them as well as knowledge of relevant laws, regulations and best practice.
This short course will give you the skills to understand how cybercrimes are carried out, the necessary control frameworks regulated firms need to implement and the relevant laws, regulations and best practice guidance to which they should adhere.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand what a cyber attack is, the types of cyber attacks and the human element of them.
- Understand the key concepts influencing internet law as well as local and international legislation.
- Identify the relevant law enforcement agencies and their roles as well as have a clear understanding of standards and best practise
- Understand how the financial services industry can be exposed to and detect cyber-attacks.
- Explain how the financial services industry can combat cybercrime with strong governance and risk management.
- Discuss emerging threats, the use of ‘Big Data’ and the ethics relating to the use of data.
Total Program Fee
FINSIA partners with CISI to bring you internationally recognised qualifications for professionals.
Start anytime and develop your skills at your own pace and from any location.
Suitable for everyone who wants to develop specialist skills in Risk & Compliance.
Typically 3 to 6 months duration depending on level of education and experience.
Accredited by the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (UK)
The CISI is the leading professional body for securities, investment, wealth and financial planning professionals.
Be recognised as an international specialist.
Who is this for?
Compliance officers & money laundering reporting officers;
Those involved in regulation, law enforcement, trade and commerce;
Any individual who wants to develop specialist skills in managing cyber security.
A PDF workbook
A comprehensive PDF workbook providing core learning materials and case studies to help you build your capability.
Computer-Based testing exam fees (re-sits incur additional cost).
Access to a learning platform
The course is all online and you will be provided access to CISI learning platform.
Access to Revision Express
Multiple choice questions at the end of each chapter to confirm your understanding.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I complete the course?
A statement of attainment is available from FINSIA and The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) based in the UK.