Evaluate the impact of current trends and influences on the types of risk to which banks are exposed due to the nature of their activities, and the implications of emerging risks for effective risk management.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of current trends and influences on the types of risk to which banks are exposed due to the nature of their activities, and the implications of emerging risks for effective risk management;
- Assess the extent that regulatory responses to bank failures and financial crises have been effective in improving bank risk management;
- Assess the ways in which banks manage a range of key risks;
- Critically reflect on the extent to which adoption of a holistic approach to risk management is effective in measuring, monitoring and mitigating risks to which a bank is exposed;
- Critically assess the ways in which best practice in risk management could be applied to build and embed an effective risk culture;
- Formulate a view on what the bank of the future may look like and the implications for bank risk management.
Total Program Fee
Internationally recognised module for the Chartered Banker qualification.
All modules delivered online which means you can start anytime and complete it at your own pace in your own time.
Chartered Banker Institute (UK) accredited
The only body in the world able to confer Chartered Banker status.
Made for Australia
Developed for Australian Market by FINSIA in close consultation with senior industry practitioners.
For new members, a 12-month Student Membership is included in the enrolment fee. Being a FINSIA member enables you to build your professional profile through networking events and access relevant content to reinforce your study.
Embedded e-Learning on selected modules to reinforce key learning objectives.
A comprehensive digital textbook providing core learning materials and case studies to help you build your capability.
Assessment fees are included in the price of the qualification (an assessment resit fee of £120 payable directly to the Chartered Banker Institute will apply).
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed for the Australian market in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I finish the course?
A certificate for the Bank Risk Management module, which is also one of the mandatory modules of the Chartered Banker program, will be awarded after graduation.
Elana Rubin SF FIN
“For me, FINSIA represents a community of people committed to professionalism in their endeavours,”
“Financial services is incredibly important. It's important to individuals. It's important to the wellbeing of business. It's important to the economy and the community.
“So being part of an organisation that's committed to continuous development, improvement and the higher standards of professionalism, is something that I support.”
Matt Baxby SF FIN
“It served me really well as my career developed in the financial services sector. That’s the important role FINSIA has to play - the professionalisation of banking.”
Malini Raj SF FIN
“FINSIA has been an invaluable foundation and platform for my career in the finance industry.
“Without FINSIA I wouldn't have had the exposure, the experiences, the mentors, the guidance, the additional intangible value add that's helped me and my career development.”