Gain a comprehensive understanding of business banking customers together with the key features and principles of the products and services offered by banks to business customers.
On successful completion of this module, students will be able to:
- Understand the Australian Business Banking environment, products and services offered and associated legislative and regulatory framework.
- Explain the principles of business lending and understand the services that banks provide to support key business sectors.
- Understand financial statements, their structure and analysis.
- Understand the principles and types of security.
- Understand the process of credit assessment and management of credit risk.
- Explain how banks can build customer advocacy through relationship management and help meet the financial needs and goals of business banking customers.
Total Program Fee
Internationally recognised module for the Chartered Banker qualification.
All modules delivered online which means you can start anytime and complete it at your own pace in your own time.
Chartered Banker Institute (UK) accredited
The only body in the world able to confer Chartered Banker status.
Made for Australia
Developed for Australian Market by FINSIA in close consultation with senior industry practitioners.
Embedded e-Learning on selected modules to reinforce key learning objectives.
A comprehensive digital textbook providing core learning materials and case studies to help you build your capability.
Assessment fees are included in the price of the qualification.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed for the Australian market in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I finish the course?
A certificate for the Introduction to Business Banking module, which is also one of the elective modules of the Certified Banker program, is available on request.