Understand the types of risk that arise from the nature of banking, the trends that are shaping emerging risks, and the implications of these for the future of bank risk management.
Develop your knowledge of risk and risk management and an understanding of an individual's role in contributing to an effective risk culture that supports the bank's strategy.
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the impact of current trends and influences on the types of risk to which banks are exposed due to the nature of their activities, and the implications of emerging risks for effective risk management;
- Assess the extent that regulatory responses to bank failures and financial crises have been effective in improving bank risk management;
- Assess the ways in which banks manage a range of key risks;
- Critically reflect on the extent to which adoption of a holistic approach to risk management is effective in measuring, monitoring and mitigating risks to which a bank is exposed;
- Critically assess the ways in which best practice in risk management could be applied to build and embed an effective risk culture;
- Formulate a view on what the bank of the future may look like and the implications for bank risk management.
Total Program Fee
Internationally recognised professional qualification that is an alternative entry to the Chartered Banker Pathway.
All modules delivered online which means you can start anytime and complete it at your own pace in your own time.
Chartered Banker Institute (UK) accredited
The only body in the world able to confer Chartered Banker status.
Made for Australia
Developed for Australian Market by FINSIA in close consultation with senior industry practitioners.
A 12-month Affiliate membership for new members, plus the ability to upgrade.
Embedded e-Learning on selected modules to reinforce key learning objectives.
A comprehensive digital textbook providing core learning materials and case studies to help you build your capability.
Assessment fees are included in the price of the qualification.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed for the Australian market in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I complete the course?
A certificate for the Introduction to Risk and Risk Management module, which is also one of the elective modules of the Certified Banker program, is available on request from FINSIA.
Wayne Byres SF FIN
Initiatives such as FINSIA’s drive for a strong foundation of professionalism, are important building blocks for a stronger, more efficient, and more sustainable financial system. They should be welcomed and embraced by industry leaders.
FINSIA, its members and staff, have a fabulous history of being leading advocates, thought leaders and drivers of professional standards.
At a time when the financial services industry is facing unprecedented change, with heightened community expectations, a challenging competitive environment and regulatory landscape, building professionalism across our industry and supporting our members to be the best they can is critical.