Understand how an individual’s role contributes to an effective risk culture that supports broader bank strategy. Gain insights into how critical decisions can be made within a bank’s risk appetite.
Additionally, you will explore the types of risks that arise in banking, the trends that are shaping emerging risks and their implications.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the general principles of risk and risk management in banking and differentiate between the types of risk that arise.
- Describe the purpose of a range of legal and regulatory principles and frameworks that apply to banking and the ways these influence how banks operate and manage risk.
- Describe a range of risks that banks are exposed to and explain the ways in which these risks can be identified, treated and monitored in order to mitigate the risk.
- Describe the purpose, benefits and limitations of a range of business and regulatory risk models used in banking.
- Describe the frameworks, processes and tools used to monitor and control risk in banking.
- Explain what is meant by risk culture, the ways in which it influences the effective management of risk and how applying best practice in risk management can help banks build and embed a sound risk culture across the organisation.
Total Program Fee
Internationally recognised module for the Chartered Banker qualification.
All modules delivered online which means you can start anytime and complete it at your own pace in your own time.
Chartered Banker Institute (UK) accredited
The only body in the world able to confer Chartered Banker status.
Made for Australia
Developed for Australian Market by FINSIA in close consultation with senior industry practitioners.
Who is this for?
This program is suitable for people working in banking who would like to expand their knowledge of risk management.
There are no entry requirements for the Certificate in Risk Management for Banking although it would be useful to have some understanding of risk concepts.
For new members, a 12-month Student Membership is included in the enrolment fee. Being a FINSIA member enables you to build your professional profile through networking events and access relevant content to reinforce your study.
To cater for all learning styles you can access the Certificate in Risk Management for Banking via eLearning or PDF.
Check your understanding with knowledge checks at the end of each chapter.
A practice assessment is available to help you prepare for the final assessment.
To successfully complete the Certificate in Risk Management for Banking module there is a final assessment. This is a 90-question multiple choice assessment that is delivered online. There is a pass mark of 60% for the program.
The learning experience is
Start anytime from any location at your own pace.
Stimulating interactive learning experience with a hands-on approach.
Access an extensive suite of engaging learning materials.
Developed for the Australian market in consultation with senior industry practitioners.
What do I get when I complete the course?
A certificate for the Certificate in Risk Management for Banking module.
The Certificate in Risk Management for Banking also contributes towards the Certified Professional Banker qualification as an elective module.
Wayne Byres SF FIN
Initiatives such as FINSIA’s drive for a strong foundation of professionalism, are important building blocks for a stronger, more efficient, and more sustainable financial system. They should be welcomed and embraced by industry leaders.
FINSIA, its members and staff, have a fabulous history of being leading advocates, thought leaders and drivers of professional standards.
At a time when the financial services industry is facing unprecedented change, with heightened community expectations, a challenging competitive environment and regulatory landscape, building professionalism across our industry and supporting our members to be the best they can is critical.